Badges can be awarded for any activity in Sensei such as enrolling in a course and completing a course, lesson, or quiz.
You can create entirely new Achievement Types that relate to your Sensei learning activities, or use the default “Badges” option available in BadgeOS. Try creating a new badge for learners who have completed a course by following these steps.
- Visit the “Badges” option in the BadgeOS menu.
- Click “Add New” at the top of the page to add a new badge.
- Use the title field for a Badge name, and the main body area for a badge description. Excerpts are suggested, too.
- Under the “Achievement Data” section, be sure you set the “Earned By” menu to Completing Steps.
Set “Earned by” to Completing Steps.
- Scroll down to the “Required Steps” section, and select Add New Step.
- From the “Require” pull-down menu, choose Sensei Activity.
- Then, choose the Sensei activity that will be a condition for earning the badge. Some options will automatically expose additional menu choices. Decide how many times the activity must be completed (1 time is the default), and optionally add a descriptive label that describes the step (otherwise, the system will auto-generate one for you).
Voila! That’s it.